Privacy & Legal
1.1 “Minor” shall be construed as a child below the age of 13.
1.2 “Personal Data” shall be construed as any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
1.3 “Sensitive Personal Data” shall be construed as Personal Data that is related to a natural persons racial or ethnic background; political, religious, philosophical beliefs; association with a labor union; health or sexual preferences; records regarding criminal offences; substantial social problems and other strictly private information.
1.4 “UVify”/”We“ shall be construed as UVify Inc. and its affiliates.
1.5 “Website” shall be construed as UVify’s website, https://uvify.com.
One Market Plaza, Spear Tower 36th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
- PERSONAL DATA
3.1 Collection of Personal Data
While using the Website it is possible for a user to submit Personal Data to UVify.
UVify will only collect Personal Data on the basis of a user’s active submission of Personal Data through the Website; that is, all Personal Data that UVify collects from users on the Website is submitted with the users’ positive knowledge of the submission.
UVify informs users of the Website that We will never ask you to submit Sensitive Personal Data when using the Website.
UVify recognizes that Minors deserve special protection against information society services and the possible risks that a Minor’s interaction with these services poses for a Minor, hereunder the Minor’s submission of Personal Data when using an information society service. On this basis, UVify will not consciously ask Minors to submit Personal Data. Furthermore, if UVify becomes aware of any Personal Data related to a Minor having been submitted to UVify through the Website, UVify will take steps to ensure the complete deletion of this Personal Data.
3.2 Use of Personal Data
UVify solely uses Personal Data for purposes that are compatible with the users’ active submission of Personal Data. As such, UVify will use the Personal Data collected to facilitate communication with users of the Website and give users a better experience when using the Website.
Situations where Personal Data is used:
- When your place an order: Name, Email, Address, Billing details
- When you register: Email, Username, Password
- When you communicate with our Support teams: Name, Email, order ID
UVify will only transfer Personal Data collected from users of the Website to third-parties when necessary and a user has given his consent to such transfer, a user has requested for such transfer (for example in the form of a request to process an order), if required by law or if required in order to protect legal or other vital interests.
UVify will only retain your Personal Data for as long as you have a profile on the Website, unless the further retention of your Personal Data is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, for compliance with a legal obligation which we are subject, or for the purposes of a legitimate interests pursued by us.
3.3 Your rights concerning the processing of your Personal Data
You have a number of rights in relation to the Personal Data that we hold about you and you can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details set out below.
These rights include:
- Obtaining information regarding the processing of your Personal Data and access to the Personal Data which we hold about you. Please note that there may be circumstances in which we are entitled to refuse requests for access to copies of Personal Data, for the sake of another person’s right to privacy.
- Requesting that we correct your Personal Data if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Requesting that we erase your Personal Data in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your Personal Data, but we are legally entitled to retain it. A user can actively delete Personal Data that is connected to his or her user profile by deleting this profile on the Website.
- Objecting to, and requesting that we restrict, our processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you object to, or ask us to restrict, our processing of your Personal Data but we are legally entitled to refuse that request.
- In some circumstances, receiving some Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or requesting that we transmit such information to a third party where this is technically feasible. Please note that this right only applies to Personal Data which you have provided to us.
- Withdrawing your consent, although in certain circumstances it may be lawful for us to continue processing without your consent if we have another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so.
With the use of the Website, cookies will be stored on the media that the user uses to browse the Website. These cookies are used to give the user of the Website a better experience when browsing the Website and to collect certain information on the user in order to facilitate analysis of the users of the Website.
4.3 Types of cookies
Cookies placed on the user’s media of choice include
- When you log in to your profile
- When you visit and interact with our Website to facilitate analysis through Google Analytics (https://www.google.com/analytics/)
4.4 Administration of cookies
UVify informs users of the Website that cookies can be removed through a user’s browser of choice. Furthermore, the possibility of storing and using cookies through a browser can be altogether blocked by changing the browser’s settings.
UVify recommends users to consult the user guide related to the user’s browser of choice in order for users to adjust the browser’s cookie settings to the preferred setting.
4.5 Online advertising
We do not serve third party advertisements to you while using UVify.com. However, we do work with advertising partners to deliver UVify advertisements on third party publisher websites, and these partners may set cookies on your computer’s web browser.
The specific partners are: Google, Facebook, Twitter, and, Reddit. The cookies allow our partners to recognize your computer so that the ad server can show you UVify advertisements elsewhere on the Internet.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit information via the website, your information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in your browser or for “https://” at the beginning of the address of the Website. The servers in which we store information are kept in a secure environment.