Redefining aerial research
The UVify Draco R is the world’s first aerial research platform of its kind. Draco R turns possible into probable. We continue to push the boundaries of robotics and artificial intelligence with Draco R.
Draco R Features
Draco R comes packed with features and customizability, giving you the power to pioneer new fields of research like never before
Field Oriented Control (FOC) speed controller
- RPM controlled
- Current, internal resistance,inductance available in real-time on the system by SDK
- Model-based BLDC sensorless control
NVIDIA Jetson TX1/2 compatible
- Tightly integrated NVIDIA Jetson TX1/2
- Customization service available
Swappable propulsion system
- With switchable propellers and appendages, Draco R is easily modified or repaired
Bottom-view camera and sonar
- Bottom-view, high frame rate camera with global shutter
- Optical flow sensor ensures stability when operating Draco Research indoors
- UART, I2C, SPI, CAN, USB
- Power sources for external sensors available
- Real-time video transmission system
- Vibration-dampened IMU
- PX4 is supported with MAVROS interface to embedded computer (Jetson TX1/2)
- Includes SDK with open-source tools
- World’s smallest modular flight core and IMU
Intelligent flight battery system
- Power management handled internally – balance connector charging now a relic of the past
- Voltage, current, and temperature information available on system by SDK
Visual inertial stereo camera
- Stereo camera with IMU synchronized
- ROS driver is included
- USB 3.0, UVC-based camera (no driver is required)
Sensor mount option
- A wide variety of sensors can be installed by using the payload mount bay
|Diagonal wheelbase||375 mm|
|Frame arm length||131 mm|
|Dimensions||405 x 352x 153 mm (arm detached, body only, without GPS antenna)|
|Total weight (without battery)||Arm (69.1g), prop (5.5g) x 6 = 447.6 g Body 645g.|
|Standard takeoff weight||1460g|
|Max takeoff weight (at sea level)|
|Max thrust-weight ratio|
|Battery||UVify smart battery, 3600 mAh, 4S. 416g|
|Hovering power consumption||300W (18A hovering)|
|Max power consumption||2500W|
|Hovering time||11 min|
|Max allowable current (continuous)||1.3kg|
|Max signal frequency||31g|
|Diameter / pitch||7 x 4.2 inch|
|Supported remote controller||Spektrum DSMX compatible remote controller (e.g., Spektrum DXe, DX6 or higher grade)|
|Operating frequency||2.4 Ghz|
|Input voltage||100~240v AC|
|Output voltage||16.8v DC|
|Output current||3.3 A|
Yes. We provide a serial (UART) link between the Jetson TX2 and flight controller. Our flight controller supports PX4 with MAVROS on the Jetson TX2.
Yes, we can do this as a custom order.
Approximately 300 grams in the high-performance configuration (for faster speed and agility). Please contact us if you require a high-payload option.
Yes, it is supported but it depends on context. Draco R supports the Connex Prosight for digital input. It supports 720p HDMI output on the ground station. We provide pre-purchase consultation for your customization requirements.
We do not provide SLAM. Implementation is done by the user.
This can be implemented by the user and we provide consultation for this. Draco R does not support 4G natively as every country has a different network standard, and we do not provide a gold standard module.
Draco R comes standard with a WVGA (720×480) for machine vision, but this can be improved with a different camera.
Two weeks from the time of order placement.
UVify warrants that your Draco R will be tested prior to shipping and will be free from material and workmanship defects. Due to the nature of these components, however, there is no warranty. Use caution during setup and operation!
This depends on your configuration as Draco R is designed for research/customization. When shipped with the standard TX2 configuration it is approximately 90mph.
This is dependent on the context.
Draco R’s Line of sight range 1000 – 3000 ft. (300-1000 meter) when the Draco R is equipped with a Connex Prosight.
Draco R comes with a 4S, 3000 mAh, high-discharge smart battery.
Yes, the Draco R can the VLP Lite Puck.
We provide MAVROS as a standard communication / control method for Draco R..
The SDK is on the Jetson TX2, you can also change the flight controller’s firmware using the PX4 stack. Draco R officially supports PX4.
Yes, this can be done via Mavlink. See Dronecode.org for more information.
Yes, it can via Mavlink or MAVROS if you are using ROS.
Want to know more about Draco R?